Monday, November 17, 2008

Gettin' Organized in the Middle of Chaos!

Let's face it: we're homeschoolers, life is chaotic. School is a way of life, not just something we do from 9 - 2. We all need help and great ideas for staying organized - me especially. I would love to hear what others do to keep their days, weeks, months, years organized and running smoothly - well, as smoothly as we could hope.

Our family seems to have very little time throughout the week during the school year. There were times when the household chores simply had to be put on the back burner. Scouts, theaters, music lessons, dance...all of these take priority, right? Only problem is....I get very cranky when the house is a mess! What happens if someone shows up unexpectedly on your doorstep and you haven't mopped the kitchen floor in two months and the laundry is piled halfway up the wall?

I know, I know....I've heard homeschoolers say that people will just have to understand that we're homeschoolers and we live, work, and educate in our homes - it's a mess. But, I simply can't live that way.

A couple of years ago I came across a website that really helped me get organized with household chores. http://www.donnayoung.org/. If you're a homeschooler, you have probably heard of this site. If you haven't, you must go there!

I downloaded Donna's family chores schedule. It lists chores to do daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. Wow! What a difference. Now, we're not so overwhelmed with the day to day things that need to get done and I'm not always in a tizzy (is that a word?)!


I've taken this and adjusted it slightly to fit our family and it has worked for us very well!
I'd love to hear from others about how they organize their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment