Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coupon Shopping

For the last several months I've been searching for ways to save money that we spend everyday. Since my dh was medically separated from the military we took quite a paycut, especially when he couldn't find a job right away. We were desperate and needed to find ways to cut expenses.

I came across this website after God gave me the idea to try using coupons. I've been hooked ever since!



This site teaches you how to use coupons along with the current sales at your local grocery store. Teri loads a database of the sales each week and helps you match the sales with the coupons in that week's newspaper. You can even shop at local drug stores like CVS or Walgreens.

Since I've been doing this for a few months, but coupon file has grown and I usually have more than I need. Unfortunately, I don't live in an area that has good coupon flyers in our newspaper so I have relatives who live in larger cities mail me their coupons every week. I also occassionally purchase coupons online using CouponMaster. They clip the coupons for you for a small fee. (These come in lots of 3 so you may have extra)

Normally I don't spend over $75.00 a week for groceries. That's just the budget I've set for ourselves and it works for us (We have five in the household right now - the two older boys being on their own). Last week we splurged a little and spent $205 on groceries. But we saved $96 of that - almost HALF my grocery bill!
We don't even save that much when we shop at Walmart. We used to go to Walmart to get things a little cheaper, but using this method it's MUCH cheaper to shop for our groceries at Publix!
I encourage everyone to try this and I would love to know your results!

1 comment: