Monday, October 26, 2009

Youth Fall Retreat

I have to brag and say I'm a member of one of the best churches - CrossPointe Church in Valdosta Georgia. The people there are authentic, true believers in Jesus Christ. One of the things I love about this church is its very awesome youth group. Rarely have I seen a youth group as strong as this one.

This past weekend the Youth Pastor, Michael, along with his lovely wife, April, and several youth leaders gathered all the youth together for a Fall Retreat in the woods. It took place at a local Christian-based campground and they spent the weekend in fellowship and worship.

This is a beautiful, old chapel that was moved to the camp ground years ago.

These are the youth leaders....really, just a bunch of big kids! LOL!


This is a gorgeous outdoor sanctuary. The kids didn't use it this weekend - it was a little chilly and rainy, but I thought it was beautiful and wanted to capture it.


Most of the pews in the outdoor sanctuary were donated. This one was in memory of the man whose family the camp is named for, Ben Tygart.



I was lucky enough to be a volunteer for serving these awesome kids their meals, but I wasn't able to attend Sunday morning's activities since I had duties at the church. Several moms who were able to attend to breakfast that morning, however, told the story of an incredible time of worship.

Michael preached about The Lord's Supper and how and why Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. And to press home the message, the pastor and youth leaders, to the surprise of the all kids, washed the feet of every teenager there! From what I heard, it was such an emotional outpouring that soon the teens were reciprocating and washing the feet of their pastor and youth leaders.

Of course, the moms present all gathered back in the kitchen to cry the "ugly" cry!

Here is the pastor's wife, April, taking a moment to pose with my two daughters, Elizabeth and Leah, and Leah's boyfriend, Logan.

And, of course, the girls' dad had to get in on the action. I'm sure Logan was thinking, "This man is nuts!"

And so, this post is dedicated to Pastor Michael and his wife April, to the awesome youth leaders! Thank you so much for what you do for our children. We love you!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Seems the weird coincidences are bound to continue...my younger sister is Leah, which is, to me, a most beautiful and unusual name.

    PS: The retreat facility looks like a little slice of heaven! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete