Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This, That, and Everything



Ok, so I'm feeling a little frazzled this week. Actually, it could be that I have all this extra energy and I soooo don't know what to do with it! Have you seen the new movie, Yes Man!, with Jim Carrey. (If you haven't, you need to!) The part where he drank a Red Bull....yeah, that's what I feel like!

So, I'm feeling better than yesterday but still not sure if anything is getting done - except schoolwork, of course. We are actually getting that accomplished. But, as I look around (cringing) I see the dishes in the sink, the pile of towels on the sofa (I can't beat that laundry, I tell ya!), and a dog that desperately needs a bath.

I'm going to take Chocolateer's advice and set my timer for 15 minutes (that is if I can tear myself away from this ball and chain in front of me - my faithful old friend, I mean - the computer). Let's see how much I can accomplish in 15 minutes with all this energy. My house should be spotless, right!?

Ok - so on to other things.


American Idol: Did you watch the first episode last night? Of course, the freaky ones are what make it interesting but I think my favorite part was when Kara busted out in song! I'd never heard of her before and my jury was still out on her. But when she stood up to that little tramp in the bikini and showed her how it was done - oh yeah, she had my vote!

And by the way, Bikini Girl (I will call you so since I can't lower myself to remember your name), what a shallow way to audition for a part. Guess we know how you'll get to the top.

Ok, ok....for all my conservative friends out there - I truly apologize for that comment! It's this extra energy taking hold of me!

Audition: we had a very strange and rare opportunity present itself today. My daughter, Leah, is trying to break into the modeling/acting business. We just found out that "they" are having auditions for a movie starring Woody Harrelson - yeah, no kidding, and right here in Valdosta, Georgia! Imagine that. The only thing is....it's a horror comedy. She would play a zombie. (Don't tell my friend, Michelle - she hates zombies. She'll push you in front of her just to get out of the way!) But, we're going anyway, just so Leah can get the experience of a real audition. (This is not Leah...it's what she aspires to at the moment)






FlyLady - I know you've got my Calgon so give it up, will ya? Just kidding - I love ya!

8 comments:

  1. hmmm the 15 minute thing sounds good...as i hate the first few weeks of AI I have discovered now that i am in the blogosphere I can just go from blog to blog to find out what happened!!

    Oh excellent on the audition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Leah! Let us know how it goes :)

    I'm about to take my own advice and set my timer for 15 minutes. Our day yesterday was extra busy and we had co-op this morning. Now I need to get caught up on dishes, straightening the house, cleaning the bathroom, and vacuuming. I don't even want to start. I just want to crash with my laptop and a cup of hot chocolate. But if I just set the timer for 15 minutes, surely that's doable, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AI sure gets a 'variety' of people on there. Not sure people should be wearing bikinis though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the "ball & chain," I love & hate my computer at the same time. But I need to set that 15 minute timer a few times tomorrow and see what I can get done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh that does sound good! I think I will join you from here in Spain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get back into my flying!! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow good luck to your dd.that sounds like a great experience. I agree its about singing not a bikini contest:0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just gave you the Lemonade Award. Check it out at La Mom's.
    Bisous!

    ReplyDelete