Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jumpin' in with both feet...

....and other various body parts. Next Monday starts our brand new school year. We're like a lot of families who wait til after Labor Day to start school. Well, in this case, ON Labor Day.

I started late this year ordering my books, though. They are trickling in and I'm frantically doing all my lesson plans as I get them. I feel completely unorganized and scattered....wait...I felt that way last year, too! Does it ever get any better?

I've been creating our schedule on my Outlook at home. I've discovered that I'm a "visual" person and I have to SEE it laid out in front of me before I "get it". And, in the contest...I mean context, of being organized, each category is a different color: orange=coop, green=work, teal=hubby's work, blue=the other homeschool group activities, beige=family time. My calendar looks like a rainbow! It's so pretty, I'm dazzled. Or maybe that's just confusion....

My daughter, L, comes home on Friday from being away all summer. I'm so excited I can barely stand myself. She's my MiniMe. Everyone calls her Little Dana. Isn't that just the cutest thing? Ok, maybe not for you, but... She's the one who plays violin. I'm such a proud mama. Over the summer, she's changed her appearance dramatically - new blonde hair and glasses!
So, getting back to getting organized... I would sure like to know what others do to get their homes or school rooms organized for the new year. I've got some ideas but I love to hear what others think.
Looking forward to the Homeschool Memoirs tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I bet everyone is anticipating your new school year!
    I am glad your daughter is coming home. :)

    Thanks for coming by! and your kind words. I am glad you so enjoyed my blog!

    Prayers and Blessings,
    Miss Amanda
    http://superangelsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My google calendar looks like a rainbow too! Works for me :)

    And YES! EVERYONE seems to call my Ainsley ANsley and it drives me crazy! My best friend calls her ANsley and she knows its wrong and her hubby is always correcting her. My grandma just plain can't say it so she calls her Gracie for her middle name of Grace. So many ppl can't pronounce it when I tell them her name. I don't get it! LOL

    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nikki P

    ReplyDelete