Friday, January 14, 2011

My Bucket List


I admit that I'm a sporadic blogger.  I love to blog.  I love to write.  But finding the time to actually sit down and do it....well, that's another thing entirely.  I surf other blogs and find so many that I like and I enjoy reading what others have to say.  When it comes to my blog, however, I often think, "why would anyone want to read what I have to say?"  I have followers and that's a really cool thing!  I love followers - what blogger doesn't?

I guess today is just a day of reflection.  I know...you're supposed to do this around New Year's and make new goals for the upcoming year.  I'm getting started a little late this year, I guess.

I've heard about the movie the Bucket List although I've never seen it.  I know, I know.  But, I think I have the general concept down:  Write down the things you want to accomplish before you leave this life, Set goals to accomplish those things, and Do It.  I don't know about you (if you're even reading this) but I have so many things that I want to do and accomplish.

Do you ever feel like you were put on this earth for a purpose but you can't quite put you finger on it?  Do you ever feel like you are doing something worthwhile and yet, at the same time, you are just spinning your wheels?  Do you ever feel like you're standing on that proverbial ledge, ready to take the leap to something greater but you don't know what that something greater is?  Do you ever feel terrified, at a loss, confused?  I guess that's where I am at this point.

So, I think from this point onward, I'm going to use Alfabet Soup more as a journal than a blog.  Since I'm on the computer so much anyway, I think it will give me a good forum for logging the steps I take toward fulfilling my bucket list.  And if you (if you're even reading this) feel so inclined to lend me moral support along the way, I would be eternally grateful.

My one hope is that I can stick with it.  There are so many things I would like to do and the list seems a bit daunting.  It's funny....I always tell my kids, "You can't eat the elephant all at once."  Guess I should take my own advice, huh?


So, for now, here is the beginning of my bucket list:

1.  Finish my novel
2.  Go back to Paris
3.  Lose weight
4.  Graduate with honors with my Associate in Criminal Justice
5.  Begin my Bachelor's degree
6.  Begin my Master's degree
7.  Travel Europe
8.  Go on a mission trip
9.  Grow my non-profit
10.  Write an article
11. Run/Walk for a cause
12. Be a better blogger

Ok, so it's not very long right now, but believe me, I'm sure I will add to it as time goes on.

If you want to get ideas for your own bucket list, here's a website I found with LOTS of them:  http://www.squidoo.com/100things

No comments:

Post a Comment