Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions


Like everyone else, I usually make the same resolutions every year. Lose weight, exercise more, eat healthier. While these are definitely goals I would still like to accomplish and ones I will still work towards, I think I'm going to set my sights on something entirely new this year. Actually, three somethings.
1. I'd like to read my bible more. This past year I've taken some bible studies at my church and discovered that I really love them! Like so many others, I'm especially drawn to Beth Moore. I began following her blog several months ago and really enjoy reading it. She is so down-to-earth and chases Jesus with everyday with every fiber of her being. I want to be more like her.
2. The second goal I'd like to concentrate on is my marriage. Don't get me wrong, I have a great marriage to my best friend. But sometimes we get so wrapped up in our everyday routines that we forget to take time just for each other. This year is going to be especially busy for us as four out of our five family members will be in college. The fifth member will be finishing her preK at home. And that doesn't include the outside activities of church and other things.
3. My third resolution is something I've been thinking about for some time. Human trafficking. I became interested in this some months ago when I watched a Lifetime movie, Human Trafficking. I was shocked and utterly outraged after watching that movie that I wanted to do something about it. After months of thinking about, I've started another blog to help raise awareness. So, that's my third goal for the year.
I hope you will visit my blog, The Anti-Slavery Project, and help me raise awareness of human trafficking.
I hope all of you will have your resolutions and wishes fulfilled this year.
Happy New Year!
Dana

2 comments:

  1. I salute your new goals. Worthy and good, every one.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. following you from mbc...I am going to enjoy following...

    ReplyDelete