Monday, October 25, 2010

Couch-to-5K

The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan

I've been saying for a while that it's time I got in shape. I'm carrying around ___ pounds of extra weight (ha! did you really think I would tell?) for the last thirteen years. So, my husband and I have decided that we're going to do it together. There's nothing like having a partner to help you stay motivated.

I discovered this running program several months ago through a church friend and thought, "There is NO way I could do that!" I've had a history of heart problems for a long time and this past May I had open heart surgery. But, finally, I've gotten up the courage to begin my journey.

It started this morning at 5am when my husband's alarm went off. Scared the bee-jeez out of me! I rolled over to slap it off and hit his nose instead. Poor thing. That's what he gets, I guess, for dragging me out of bed at the witching hour - or whatever hour that is!

But, I dragged my overweight butt out of bed, threw on my PT clothes and....yep, I successfully completed my first day of Couch-to-5k! It dang hard, I tell ya! I know why they say to take a day of rest between runs! My body felt beat all to heck! But, like the moron I am, I felt great!

Tomorrow, I get my day of rest. Wednesday, it's Day 2 (or as they say it in the program - W1D2)!

Looking forward to a thinner more energized me!

Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K � Running Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment